January 7, 2013 by Kristin
September 11, 2012 by Kristin
So my trainer is leaving me… I am legitimately sad, she is moving on. I have a hard time with change, especially when I like something and someone. I loved our workouts and I really enjoyed spending time with her. I do realize that she is not leaving the face of the Earth and sometimes, we will get a chance to workout together. So I started to think why did I love her workouts…
1. We always had time for girl talk in between sets.
2. We would do full body workouts… never hitting a target area, so that way, the next day I feel sore all over but not a bad sore, a GOOD sore!
3. When working out, she already had a plan of what we were doing.
4. She counted for me (I know, how lazy am I?)
5. Overall, I just ALWAYS had a good time with her.
So what did I learn from my 1+ year of training with my trainer:
1. Always count your own reps, we are all adults and we all know how to count.
2. Working out with a friend can help motivate you. A friend can also help you stick to your workout.
3. Always have a plan before going to the gym. You will make your time more effective.
4.There is no need to do back and chest ONLY or biceps and triceps ONLY, mix up your workout and add some quick movements like burpees, you will get your cardio in while lifting weights… 2 birds, people!
5.You can make workouts fun. There is no reason to loath the thought of working out. If your workout is boring, MAKE IT FUN!
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
I was at the gym the other day and I couldn’t bring myself to get on the treadmill. Everyone has those days when you just feel like you can’t run another mile. So I decided to use the stair master and do some interval training.
This is the workout that I did:
Stair master for 10 minutes
Weight routine: (I used 15 lbs)
I repeated this 3x’s and the time honestly flew by!
August 16, 2012 by Kristin
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
3 garlic clove (minced)
3 tbsps coconut oil
5 tbsps honey
4 tbsps reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp of ginger
2-3 tbsp of red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 ozs stir frozen vegetable blend
2 tsps cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
|1||In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in 2 teaspoons coconut oil. Add the honey, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.|
|2||In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetables in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to the pan; mix well. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice.|
August 7, 2012 by Kristin
Honestly, this took me about less than 10 minutes. Maybe add in a light jog/walk for about 20 minutes and now you have a killer workout!
July 21, 2012 by Kristin
July 11, 2012 by Kristin
June 18, 2012 by Kristin
June 16, 2012 by Kristin
June 11, 2012 by Kristin