May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1 small onion, chopped
2 jalapeño chilies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ pound of lean ground turkey meat
1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper
4 slices of low fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of low fat pepper jack cheese
4 whole wheat burger rolls
1 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp. purred chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tbsp, stevia
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
(Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat until its thick for about 20 minutes, can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- In a bowl, combine turkey meat, onion mixture, paprika, cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Make into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet and cook over medium heat until it has reached desired doneness.
- Put cheese on top in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with bun and enjoy!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fit women,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy recipe,healthy recipes,healthy women,low fat,recipes,weight-loss,woman,women,women's health | No Comments
June 11, 2012 by Kristin
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4″ thickness
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp diced roasted red pepper
- 1 whole red pepper diced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cups of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
1.Season the chicken on each side with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sear it in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes a side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
2. Add the oil, garlic, rosemary, both types of red pepper, mushrooms, and spinach to the skillet. Cook, turning frequently, until the spinach wilts (1 to 2 minutes). Spoon 1 tablespoon of parmesan on each chicken breast.
In the picture, I also have broccoli that I cooked by steaming and a brown rice quinoa mix.
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: chicken,diet,food,health,healthy recipes,low fat,recipes,woman | No Comments