May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1 small onion, chopped
2 jalapeño chilies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ pound of lean ground turkey meat
1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper
4 slices of low fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of low fat pepper jack cheese
4 whole wheat burger rolls
1 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp. purred chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tbsp, stevia
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
(Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat until its thick for about 20 minutes, can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- In a bowl, combine turkey meat, onion mixture, paprika, cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Make into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet and cook over medium heat until it has reached desired doneness.
- Put cheese on top in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with bun and enjoy!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fit women,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy recipe,healthy recipes,healthy women,low fat,recipes,weight-loss,woman,women,women's health | No Comments
May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1/2 package of brown rice noodles
2 tbsp. of vegtable oil
1/4 cup of thair red curry paste
3 cups of water
1 can of coconut milk
14 oz. of almond milk
1/4 cup of truvia
1/4 cup of fish sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
3/4 pounds of green beans
1 pound of cut chicken
1 large sprig basil
1. In a pot, heat of medium heat until its warm, add the thai red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 cups of water, coconut milk, almond milk, truvia, fish sauce and crushed red peppers until it come to a simmer.
3. Add noodles and beans to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
4. Add chicken pieces and basil sprig and cook until the chicken is done.
I got this recipe from Rachel Ray but I wanted to make it healthier, so I added the brown rice noodles, switched out the brown sugar for truvia, and only used one can of coconut milk instead of 2 and it tasted great
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: brown rice noodles,curry,diet,fit women,fitness,food,green beans,heal,health,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy thai food,recipes,red curry sauce,thai,thai food,weight-loss,women's health | No Comments
June 8, 2012 by Kristin
Category Fitness, Health, Workout | Tags: exercise,exercises,fitness,gluteus,gym,health,healthy,healthy girl,heart rate,muscles,weight-loss,women,working out,workout,workouts | No Comments
April 14, 2012 by Kristin
Check out this article: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/mens-winning-weight-loss-secret
Klark Overmyer and four of his friends won $10,000 for losing weight from a web site. Weight-loss wagering is one strategy that men are using to lose weight. A web-site called Healthywage.com is drawing a predominant male customer based by using it “wagering” technique to get people to lose weight. What are your thoughts about this??? Could it be risky? Is it an amazing idea?
Category Fitness, Workout | Tags: fitness,weight-loss | 1 Comment