April 30, 2012 by Kristin
I love, love, love, fish tacos! But, they aren’t exactly the healthiest dish. So I decided to try to make it a bit healthier without compromising taste. I hope you all enjoy it!
- Mix the avocado, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper in a bowl and set it aside.
- Heat a pan until hot. Coat the fillets on both sides with the blackening spices.
- Cook the fish for about 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the heat.
- Break the fish into pieces and place them on the tortillas. Then, put some of the avocado mixture on top. You can also garnish with fat free sour cream or cheese as well.
Category Diet, Food, Recipes | Tags: diet,food,health,healthy recipe,recipes | 3 Comments
April 17, 2012 by Kristin
- about 1-2 cups of slices zucchini and squash
- nonstick cooking spray
- low fat (any) cheese
- egg white
- Slice the zucchini and squash
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray
- Take the egg white and place it in a bowl and mix with pepper and garlic powder
- Dip each zucchini and squash into the egg white mixture
- Place the zucchini and squash on the cookie sheet and sprinkle lighting with the breadcrumbs
- sprinkle with low fat cheese
- Bake on the broil setting for about 7-8 minutes
Category Food, Recipes | Tags: food,healthy recipes,recipes | No Comments
April 10, 2012 by Kristin
This is a healthy variation of a Chinese food take-out favorite!
- about 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons truvia
- 4 teaspoons regular honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- Kosher salt
- Sesame seeds
For the marinade:
- In a medium bowl combine orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, and salt.
- Add chicken tenders and stir to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan combine orange juice, orange zest, chicken broth, Truvia, honey, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and rice vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and stir occasionally with a whisk.
- Stir the flour in parts and stir after each addition.
- Bring back to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until thickened.
Cooking the chicken:
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook until golden and meat is cooked through.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve!
Category Recipes | Tags: food,healthy recipes,recipes | 2 Comments