So my trainer is leaving me… I am legitimately sad, she is moving on. I have a hard time with change, especially when I like something and someone. I loved our workouts and I really enjoyed spending time with her. I do realize that she is not leaving the face of the Earth and sometimes, we will get a chance to workout together. So I started to think why did I love her workouts…
1. We always had time for girl talk in between sets.
2. We would do full body workouts… never hitting a target area, so that way, the next day I feel sore all over but not a bad sore, a GOOD sore!
3. When working out, she already had a plan of what we were doing.
4. She counted for me (I know, how lazy am I?)
5. Overall, I just ALWAYS had a good time with her.
So what did I learn from my 1+ year of training with my trainer:
1. Always count your own reps, we are all adults and we all know how to count.
2. Working out with a friend can help motivate you. A friend can also help you stick to your workout.
3. Always have a plan before going to the gym. You will make your time more effective.
4.There is no need to do back and chest ONLY or biceps and triceps ONLY, mix up your workout and add some quick movements like burpees, you will get your cardio in while lifting weights… 2 birds, people!
5.You can make workouts fun. There is no reason to loath the thought of working out. If your workout is boring, MAKE IT FUN!