May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1 small onion, chopped
2 jalapeño chilies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ pound of lean ground turkey meat
1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper
4 slices of low fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of low fat pepper jack cheese
4 whole wheat burger rolls
1 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp. purred chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tbsp, stevia
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
(Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat until its thick for about 20 minutes, can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- In a bowl, combine turkey meat, onion mixture, paprika, cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Make into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet and cook over medium heat until it has reached desired doneness.
- Put cheese on top in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with bun and enjoy!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fit women,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy recipe,healthy recipes,healthy women,low fat,recipes,weight-loss,woman,women,women's health | No Comments
January 7, 2013 by Kristin
Almond Mocha Chiller
1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup cold coffee
- blend well and enjoy!
Get shakeology at http://shakeology.com/healthygirl365
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: beach body,diet,food,healthy,recipes,shakeology,shakes | No Comments
December 26, 2012 by Kristin
Great meal replacement. Replace one meal a day with these shakes and loose weight! I love to add fruit to my shakes!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout | Tags: beach body,diet,food,healthy,meal replacement,p90x,shakeology | No Comments
December 10, 2012 by Kristin
Why you should avoid sodas, there can be up to 22 packets of sugar in a serving. Sugar can not only cause you to gain weight but also it can cause diabetes.
Category Food, Health, Motivation | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fitness,food,healthy,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy women,motivation,women's health | No Comments
October 10, 2012 by Kristin
- About 12 ounces of broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of nonfat milk, divided
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- dash of pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Bring broccoli 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and oil in a small bowl. Whisk flour and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in another small bowl until smooth; stir the mixture into the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, chives, mustard and pepper. Move broccoli mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Broil until the top is crispy and beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: broccoli,diet,food,healthy,recipes | No Comments
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
I was at the gym the other day and I couldn’t bring myself to get on the treadmill. Everyone has those days when you just feel like you can’t run another mile. So I decided to use the stair master and do some interval training.
This is the workout that I did:
Stair master for 10 minutes
- alternating every 30 second of a “work” rate and a “rest” rate
Weight routine: (I used 15 lbs)
- 15 push-ups
- 15 bicep curls
- 15 tricep kickbacks
- 15 over head shoulder press
- 20 LOW squats
I repeated this 3x’s and the time honestly flew by!
Category Fitness, Health, Workout | Tags: fitness,health,healthy,interval stair master,interval training,stair master,workout | No Comments
August 19, 2012 by Kristin
This is so true. I run about 5 days a week and people are always telling me I’m obsessed, I think I’m just fit
Category Fitness, Motivation | Tags: fitness,healthy,motivation | No Comments
August 16, 2012 by Kristin
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
3 garlic clove (minced)
3 tbsps coconut oil
5 tbsps honey
4 tbsps reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp of ginger
2-3 tbsp of red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 ozs stir frozen vegetable blend
2 tsps cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
||In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in 2 teaspoons coconut oil. Add the honey, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
||In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetables in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to the pan; mix well. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice.
Category Diet, Food, Recipes | Tags: fitness,healthy,healthy food,healthy meals,healthy recipes,women's health,workout | No Comments
August 7, 2012 by Kristin
Honestly, this took me about less than 10 minutes. Maybe add in a light jog/walk for about 20 minutes and now you have a killer workout!
Category Fitness, Health, Motivation, Workout | Tags: fitness,health,healthy,motivation,women fitness,women's health,work out,workout | No Comments
August 1, 2012 by Kristin
This has to be one of my favorite breakfasts, an egg on top of a 100 calorie veggie patty and 1/2 of a 100 calorie bun, so its really only 50 calories. Total calories of this meal: 220! Its filling and satisfying.
I recommend buying veggie patties from Whole Foods. This brand has a half serving of veggies, lots of fiber and protein, and low in calories.
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: diet,fitness,food,healthy,healthy food,healthy recipe,low calorie,organic,veggies,women's health | No Comments