- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of freshly chopped spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 5 whole wheat tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the chicken into small pieces so it can fit into the tortilla when you are done. Cook the chicken in a pan for about 7 minutes or until done. Remove chicken.
2. Now cook the onion, pepper, corn, beans, spinach, parsley, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper all together. Cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Now add the chicken back to the pan and cook all ingredients for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove pan from the burner.
5. Place about 2-4 tablespoons of the mixture in the tortillas and wrap them tightly.
6. Place them on a greased baking sheet ( I used a cooking spray) and spray the tops of them lighting with a cooking spray. This will help them to be crunchy.
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are brown.
Honestly, I was so surprised how these turned out. My husband and my father-in-law both approved. In the words of my father-in-law, “Those were damn good, sweetheart.” I also had a scoop of fat free sour cream and salsa on the side.