May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1 small onion, chopped
2 jalapeño chilies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ pound of lean ground turkey meat
1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper
4 slices of low fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of low fat pepper jack cheese
4 whole wheat burger rolls
1 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp. purred chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tbsp, stevia
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
(Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat until its thick for about 20 minutes, can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- In a bowl, combine turkey meat, onion mixture, paprika, cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Make into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet and cook over medium heat until it has reached desired doneness.
- Put cheese on top in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with bun and enjoy!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fit women,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy recipe,healthy recipes,healthy women,low fat,recipes,weight-loss,woman,women,women's health | No Comments
May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1/2 package of brown rice noodles
2 tbsp. of vegtable oil
1/4 cup of thair red curry paste
3 cups of water
1 can of coconut milk
14 oz. of almond milk
1/4 cup of truvia
1/4 cup of fish sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
3/4 pounds of green beans
1 pound of cut chicken
1 large sprig basil
1. In a pot, heat of medium heat until its warm, add the thai red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 cups of water, coconut milk, almond milk, truvia, fish sauce and crushed red peppers until it come to a simmer.
3. Add noodles and beans to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
4. Add chicken pieces and basil sprig and cook until the chicken is done.
I got this recipe from Rachel Ray but I wanted to make it healthier, so I added the brown rice noodles, switched out the brown sugar for truvia, and only used one can of coconut milk instead of 2 and it tasted great
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: brown rice noodles,curry,diet,fit women,fitness,food,green beans,heal,health,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy thai food,recipes,red curry sauce,thai,thai food,weight-loss,women's health | No Comments
January 7, 2013 by Kristin
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Workout | Tags: diet,fitness,food,health,meal replacements,shakeology,shakes,women's health,workout | No Comments
January 1, 2013 by Kristin
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation | Tags: detox,fitness,food,health,healthy body,healthy girl,new year | No Comments
December 26, 2012 by Kristin
Want more energy and an efficient digestive system? Check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. Special group on Facebook for all those who join the reset. You will NOT being doing this alone, you will have support, COACHES!
Its just another great product by Beach Body!
Category Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: beach body,cleanse,fitness,food,health,new year,shakes,ultimate reset,weightloss | No Comments
December 9, 2012 by Kristin
It can be so hard to stay motivated to workout but nothing sums it up better than this picture. Don’t stop and think about, it just get it done! Your body will thank you later.
Category Fitness, Motivation, Workout | Tags: fitness,health,motivation,women's health | No Comments
September 11, 2012 by Kristin
So my trainer is leaving me… I am legitimately sad, she is moving on. I have a hard time with change, especially when I like something and someone. I loved our workouts and I really enjoyed spending time with her. I do realize that she is not leaving the face of the Earth and sometimes, we will get a chance to workout together. So I started to think why did I love her workouts…
1. We always had time for girl talk in between sets.
2. We would do full body workouts… never hitting a target area, so that way, the next day I feel sore all over but not a bad sore, a GOOD sore!
3. When working out, she already had a plan of what we were doing.
4. She counted for me (I know, how lazy am I?)
5. Overall, I just ALWAYS had a good time with her.
So what did I learn from my 1+ year of training with my trainer:
1. Always count your own reps, we are all adults and we all know how to count.
2. Working out with a friend can help motivate you. A friend can also help you stick to your workout.
3. Always have a plan before going to the gym. You will make your time more effective.
4.There is no need to do back and chest ONLY or biceps and triceps ONLY, mix up your workout and add some quick movements like burpees, you will get your cardio in while lifting weights… 2 birds, people!
5.You can make workouts fun. There is no reason to loath the thought of working out. If your workout is boring, MAKE IT FUN!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout, Yoga | Tags: diet,fitness,food,health,motivation,recipe,workout,yoga | No Comments
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
I was at the gym the other day and I couldn’t bring myself to get on the treadmill. Everyone has those days when you just feel like you can’t run another mile. So I decided to use the stair master and do some interval training.
This is the workout that I did:
Stair master for 10 minutes
- alternating every 30 second of a “work” rate and a “rest” rate
Weight routine: (I used 15 lbs)
- 15 push-ups
- 15 bicep curls
- 15 tricep kickbacks
- 15 over head shoulder press
- 20 LOW squats
I repeated this 3x’s and the time honestly flew by!
Category Fitness, Health, Workout | Tags: fitness,health,healthy,interval stair master,interval training,stair master,workout | No Comments
August 7, 2012 by Kristin
Honestly, this took me about less than 10 minutes. Maybe add in a light jog/walk for about 20 minutes and now you have a killer workout!
Category Fitness, Health, Motivation, Workout | Tags: fitness,health,healthy,motivation,women fitness,women's health,work out,workout | No Comments
July 21, 2012 by Kristin
Category Fitness, Health, Motivation, Workout | Tags: fit,fitness,health,workout | No Comments