We don’t always have time to pack our meals or sit and eat breakfast. I woke up late the other day and had no time to prepare and then, sit and eat my breakfast. I had to grab breakfast on the go! So I decided to do some research and see which breakfast chain restaurants have the best tasting and healthiest breakfast meal.
1. Starbucks: At Starbucks, I love how they put the calories right on the packaging of their food. It’s great and convenient! Some of their food doesn’t directly say the calorie amount, but you can look it up on the internet, your phone (they have a cool app), or on a pamphlet that they have right next to the register. I suggest getting their Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap. It has about 280 calories, 10 grams of protein, and 9 grams of fat. Another great choice is their Chicken Sausage Breakfast Wrap with 300 calories; it is still a good option. Starbucks also has oatmeal, which only has 140 calories and it tastes pretty good too! I absolutely love Starbuck’s breakfast!
2. Dunkin Donuts: Beware when going here and don’t be tempted to get a doughnut! When coming here, look for items that contain eggs whites and NO CHEESSE (which can increase your meal’s calories).The Egg on an English Muffin sandwich comes in at 320 calories, 15 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 14 g protein, 1 g fiber, and 820 mg of sodium. The protein will help will keep you going strong through the morning.
3. McDonald’s: Not my favorite place, but if you are in a jam, order their Egg McMuffin. It only has 300 calories, but it does have over 800 mg of sodium.
4. Burger King: The Egg and Cheese Croissan’wich has 320 calories, 16 g fat, and 7 g of saturated fat. The sodium content may be a tough fit for restricted diets at 690 mg. Eleven grams of protein will help keep you feeling full until lunch.
5. Subway: Their Egg White & Cheese Sandwich is a great choice at Subway with 150 calories, 3.5 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 480 mg sodium, and 5 g fiber. It comes on a light wheat English muffin for a healthy high-protein, high-fiber, portable meal.
So there you have it, you can eat healthy on the run! Just be smart with your choices. Stay away from bagels and other temptations and you will be a healthy girl in no time.