May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1 small onion, chopped
2 jalapeño chilies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ pound of lean ground turkey meat
1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper
4 slices of low fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of low fat pepper jack cheese
4 whole wheat burger rolls
1 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp. purred chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tbsp, stevia
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
(Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat until its thick for about 20 minutes, can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- In a bowl, combine turkey meat, onion mixture, paprika, cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Make into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet and cook over medium heat until it has reached desired doneness.
- Put cheese on top in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with bun and enjoy!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fit women,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy recipe,healthy recipes,healthy women,low fat,recipes,weight-loss,woman,women,women's health | No Comments
May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1/2 package of brown rice noodles
2 tbsp. of vegtable oil
1/4 cup of thair red curry paste
3 cups of water
1 can of coconut milk
14 oz. of almond milk
1/4 cup of truvia
1/4 cup of fish sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
3/4 pounds of green beans
1 pound of cut chicken
1 large sprig basil
1. In a pot, heat of medium heat until its warm, add the thai red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 cups of water, coconut milk, almond milk, truvia, fish sauce and crushed red peppers until it come to a simmer.
3. Add noodles and beans to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
4. Add chicken pieces and basil sprig and cook until the chicken is done.
I got this recipe from Rachel Ray but I wanted to make it healthier, so I added the brown rice noodles, switched out the brown sugar for truvia, and only used one can of coconut milk instead of 2 and it tasted great
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: brown rice noodles,curry,diet,fit women,fitness,food,green beans,heal,health,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy thai food,recipes,red curry sauce,thai,thai food,weight-loss,women's health | No Comments
June 20, 2012 by Kristin
Category Fitness, Motivation, Workout | Tags: fit women,fitness,healthy women,motivation,working out | No Comments
June 18, 2012 by Kristin
Category Fitness, Health, Motivation | Tags: fit women,fitness,healthy women,motivation,working out | No Comments