June 18, 2012 by Kristin
So I was looking in my fridge and I had 2 avocados, an onion, and chicken breast. I came up with spicy avocado chicken. I used some spices from the spice cabinet to make it a little tangy.
- chicken breasts
- Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of sugar
- Use the salt and pepper and chili powder to season the chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet in medium heat and use coconut oil instead of olive oil. Cook the chicken until it is cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, mince the onion and avocado, and mix with olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, and sugar. Spoon the mixture onto the cooked chicken and serve!
I guess my theme for dinner tonight was green
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: avocado,chicken,diet,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy recipe | No Comments
June 11, 2012 by Kristin
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4″ thickness
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp diced roasted red pepper
- 1 whole red pepper diced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cups of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
1.Season the chicken on each side with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sear it in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes a side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
2. Add the oil, garlic, rosemary, both types of red pepper, mushrooms, and spinach to the skillet. Cook, turning frequently, until the spinach wilts (1 to 2 minutes). Spoon 1 tablespoon of parmesan on each chicken breast.
In the picture, I also have broccoli that I cooked by steaming and a brown rice quinoa mix.
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: chicken,diet,food,health,healthy recipes,low fat,recipes,woman | No Comments