December 26, 2012 by Kristin
Want more energy and an efficient digestive system? Check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. Special group on Facebook for all those who join the reset. You will NOT being doing this alone, you will have support, COACHES!
Its just another great product by Beach Body!
Category Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: , beach body, cleanse, fitness, food, health, new year, shakes, ultimate reset, weightloss | No Comments
December 10, 2012 by Kristin
Why you should avoid sodas, there can be up to 22 packets of sugar in a serving. Sugar can not only cause you to gain weight but also it can cause diabetes.
Category Food, Health, Motivation | Tags: , active, diet, exercise, fitness, food, healthy, healthy food, healthy girl, healthy women, motivation, women's health | No Comments
December 9, 2012 by Kristin
It can be so hard to stay motivated to workout but nothing sums it up better than this picture. Don’t stop and think about, it just get it done! Your body will thank you later.
Category Fitness, Motivation, Workout | Tags: , fitness, health, motivation, women's health | No Comments
December 2, 2012 by Kristin
Category Fitness, Health, Motivation | Tags: | No Comments
October 15, 2012 by Kristin
I don’t know how “new” this push-up is to the fitness world but its new to me! It works your abs as well as your whole upper body. My kick-ass trainer taught me. Here are some pictures of my sister and myself doing this exercise.
You start in a push-up position ( a real push-up position, keep your knees off the floor).
Then at the top of your push-up position, bring your knee to your elbow (sounds crazy but you can do it), do this for each side.
There you go! If you are tired of the same old push-up, try doing this one!
Category Fitness, Health, Workout | Tags: | No Comments
October 10, 2012 by Kristin
- About 12 ounces of broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of nonfat milk, divided
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- dash of pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Bring broccoli 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and oil in a small bowl. Whisk flour and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in another small bowl until smooth; stir the mixture into the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, chives, mustard and pepper. Move broccoli mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Broil until the top is crispy and beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: , broccoli, diet, food, healthy, recipes | No Comments
September 11, 2012 by Kristin
So my trainer is leaving me… I am legitimately sad, she is moving on. I have a hard time with change, especially when I like something and someone. I loved our workouts and I really enjoyed spending time with her. I do realize that she is not leaving the face of the Earth and sometimes, we will get a chance to workout together. So I started to think why did I love her workouts…
1. We always had time for girl talk in between sets.
2. We would do full body workouts… never hitting a target area, so that way, the next day I feel sore all over but not a bad sore, a GOOD sore!
3. When working out, she already had a plan of what we were doing.
4. She counted for me (I know, how lazy am I?)
5. Overall, I just ALWAYS had a good time with her.
So what did I learn from my 1+ year of training with my trainer:
1. Always count your own reps, we are all adults and we all know how to count.
2. Working out with a friend can help motivate you. A friend can also help you stick to your workout.
3. Always have a plan before going to the gym. You will make your time more effective.
4.There is no need to do back and chest ONLY or biceps and triceps ONLY, mix up your workout and add some quick movements like burpees, you will get your cardio in while lifting weights… 2 birds, people!
5.You can make workouts fun. There is no reason to loath the thought of working out. If your workout is boring, MAKE IT FUN!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout, Yoga | Tags: , diet, fitness, food, health, motivation, recipe, workout, yoga | No Comments
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey meat
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup water (or if you don’t have tomato paste, substitute the water and tomato paste with about 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground turkey for 5 minutes. Add the onion and red bell pepper; saute for 5 more minutes, or until onion is tender. Drain the meat.
Mix in tomato paste and water, stirring until paste is dissolved. Stir in garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Continue to heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick and stewy.
I recommend tasting your sloppy joe’s as you cook so you can make it taste just the way you like it!
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: , diet, fitness, food, ground turkey meat, healthy food, healthy recipes, healthy sloppy joe, recipes | No Comments
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
I was at the gym the other day and I couldn’t bring myself to get on the treadmill. Everyone has those days when you just feel like you can’t run another mile. So I decided to use the stair master and do some interval training.
This is the workout that I did:
Stair master for 10 minutes
- alternating every 30 second of a “work” rate and a “rest” rate
Weight routine: (I used 15 lbs)
- 15 push-ups
- 15 bicep curls
- 15 tricep kickbacks
- 15 over head shoulder press
- 20 LOW squats
I repeated this 3x’s and the time honestly flew by!
Category Fitness, Health, Workout | Tags: , fitness, health, healthy, interval stair master, interval training, stair master, workout | No Comments
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
Want a filling breakfast that is under 200 calories… try a veggie omelet!
- chopped pepper, onion, and tomato :I bought a “tomato trinity” (already chopped onion, pepper, and tomato) from my local grocery store. This helps to save time in the morning
- 2 eggs, fluffed with a fork
I used a nonstick cooking spray in a pan. I cooked the veggies first for about 2 minutes, then I poured the egg mixture into the pan and cooked it all until the eggs were no longer runny.
Easy, tastes good, and healthy!
Category Diet, Food, Recipes | Tags: , healthy breakfast, healthy diet food, healthy food, healthy recipes, women's health | No Comments