May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1 small onion, chopped
2 jalapeño chilies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ pound of lean ground turkey meat
1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper
4 slices of low fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of low fat pepper jack cheese
4 whole wheat burger rolls
1 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp. purred chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tbsp, stevia
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
(Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat until its thick for about 20 minutes, can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- In a bowl, combine turkey meat, onion mixture, paprika, cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Make into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet and cook over medium heat until it has reached desired doneness.
- Put cheese on top in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with bun and enjoy!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: active,diet,exercise,fit women,fitness,food,health,healthy,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy recipe,healthy recipes,healthy women,low fat,recipes,weight-loss,woman,women,women's health | No Comments
May 15, 2013 by Kristin
1/2 package of brown rice noodles
2 tbsp. of vegtable oil
1/4 cup of thair red curry paste
3 cups of water
1 can of coconut milk
14 oz. of almond milk
1/4 cup of truvia
1/4 cup of fish sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
3/4 pounds of green beans
1 pound of cut chicken
1 large sprig basil
1. In a pot, heat of medium heat until its warm, add the thai red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 cups of water, coconut milk, almond milk, truvia, fish sauce and crushed red peppers until it come to a simmer.
3. Add noodles and beans to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
4. Add chicken pieces and basil sprig and cook until the chicken is done.
I got this recipe from Rachel Ray but I wanted to make it healthier, so I added the brown rice noodles, switched out the brown sugar for truvia, and only used one can of coconut milk instead of 2 and it tasted great
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: brown rice noodles,curry,diet,fit women,fitness,food,green beans,heal,health,healthy dinner,healthy food,healthy girl,healthy thai food,recipes,red curry sauce,thai,thai food,weight-loss,women's health | No Comments
March 13, 2013 by Kristin
Check you teambeachbody.com/healthygirl365 to get this sweet deal!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout | Tags: | No Comments
March 12, 2013 by Kristin
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout, Yoga | Tags: | No Comments
January 7, 2013 by Kristin
Almond Mocha Chiller
1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup cold coffee
- blend well and enjoy!
Get shakeology at http://shakeology.com/healthygirl365
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: beach body,diet,food,healthy,recipes,shakeology,shakes | No Comments
December 26, 2012 by Kristin
Great meal replacement. Replace one meal a day with these shakes and loose weight! I love to add fruit to my shakes!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout | Tags: beach body,diet,food,healthy,meal replacement,p90x,shakeology | No Comments
December 26, 2012 by Kristin
Want more energy and an efficient digestive system? Check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. Special group on Facebook for all those who join the reset. You will NOT being doing this alone, you will have support, COACHES!
Its just another great product by Beach Body!
Category Fitness, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: beach body,cleanse,fitness,food,health,new year,shakes,ultimate reset,weightloss | No Comments
October 10, 2012 by Kristin
- About 12 ounces of broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of nonfat milk, divided
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- dash of pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Bring broccoli 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and oil in a small bowl. Whisk flour and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in another small bowl until smooth; stir the mixture into the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, chives, mustard and pepper. Move broccoli mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Broil until the top is crispy and beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: broccoli,diet,food,healthy,recipes | No Comments
September 11, 2012 by Kristin
So my trainer is leaving me… I am legitimately sad, she is moving on. I have a hard time with change, especially when I like something and someone. I loved our workouts and I really enjoyed spending time with her. I do realize that she is not leaving the face of the Earth and sometimes, we will get a chance to workout together. So I started to think why did I love her workouts…
1. We always had time for girl talk in between sets.
2. We would do full body workouts… never hitting a target area, so that way, the next day I feel sore all over but not a bad sore, a GOOD sore!
3. When working out, she already had a plan of what we were doing.
4. She counted for me (I know, how lazy am I?)
5. Overall, I just ALWAYS had a good time with her.
So what did I learn from my 1+ year of training with my trainer:
1. Always count your own reps, we are all adults and we all know how to count.
2. Working out with a friend can help motivate you. A friend can also help you stick to your workout.
3. Always have a plan before going to the gym. You will make your time more effective.
4.There is no need to do back and chest ONLY or biceps and triceps ONLY, mix up your workout and add some quick movements like burpees, you will get your cardio in while lifting weights… 2 birds, people!
5.You can make workouts fun. There is no reason to loath the thought of working out. If your workout is boring, MAKE IT FUN!
Category Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Motivation, Recipes, Workout, Yoga | Tags: diet,fitness,food,health,motivation,recipe,workout,yoga | No Comments
August 27, 2012 by Kristin
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey meat
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup water (or if you don’t have tomato paste, substitute the water and tomato paste with about 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground turkey for 5 minutes. Add the onion and red bell pepper; saute for 5 more minutes, or until onion is tender. Drain the meat.
Mix in tomato paste and water, stirring until paste is dissolved. Stir in garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Continue to heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick and stewy.
I recommend tasting your sloppy joe’s as you cook so you can make it taste just the way you like it!
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: diet,fitness,food,ground turkey meat,healthy food,healthy recipes,healthy sloppy joe,recipes | No Comments