October 15, 2012 by Kristin
I don’t know how “new” this push-up is to the fitness world but its new to me! It works your abs as well as your whole upper body. My kick-ass trainer taught me. Here are some pictures of my sister and myself doing this exercise.
You start in a push-up position ( a real push-up position, keep your knees off the floor).
Then at the top of your push-up position, bring your knee to your elbow (sounds crazy but you can do it), do this for each side.
There you go! If you are tired of the same old push-up, try doing this one!
Category Fitness, Health, Workout | Tags: | No Comments
October 10, 2012 by Kristin
- About 12 ounces of broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of nonfat milk, divided
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- dash of pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Bring broccoli 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and oil in a small bowl. Whisk flour and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in another small bowl until smooth; stir the mixture into the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, chives, mustard and pepper. Move broccoli mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Broil until the top is crispy and beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Category Diet, Food, Health, Recipes | Tags: broccoli,diet,food,healthy,recipes | No Comments