I love, love, love, fish tacos! But, they aren’t exactly the healthiest dish. So I decided to try to make it a bit healthier without compromising taste. I hope you all enjoy it!
- 1 AVOCADO, PITTED, PEELED, AND CUBED
- 1/2 ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- JUICE OF 1 LIME or 1 TABLESPOON OF LIME JUICE, PLUS WEDGES FOR GARNISH
- CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
- SALT AND BLACK PEPPER
- COCONUT OIL
- 2 LARGE MAHIMAHI FILLETS (1 1/2 LB TOTAL)
- 1 TBSP BLACKENING SPICE
- LOW CARB TORTILLAS
- Mix the avocado, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper in a bowl and set it aside.
- Heat a pan until hot. Coat the fillets on both sides with the blackening spices.
- Cook the fish for about 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the heat.
- Break the fish into pieces and place them on the tortillas. Then, put some of the avocado mixture on top. You can also garnish with fat free sour cream or cheese as well.